The Venture Café Global Institute (VCGI) supports the global network of independent Venture Café organizations. With eleven locations in operation and plans for expansion to new places at an accelerated pace, VCGI offers key training and resources, and guides expansion for the Network. Our core functions include knowledge sharing, shared services and systems, intellectual property, fundraising, staff on-boarding, and new site development. VCGI is a public benefit corporation based in St. Louis, MO and Cambridge, MA, and partners closely with the Cambridge Innovation Center (CIC).
Today, Venture Café is a fast-growing, global organization. Our global mission is connecting innovators to make things happen. At its core, Venture Café provides the necessary connective tissue to uncover and link the various parts of an innovation ecosystem. We believe innovation ecosystems thrive when the largest, varied segments of its population are participating. Venture Café seeks to:
- Create wholly inclusive gathering spaces that remove walls, increase human connectivity, and welcome all people, ideas, technologies and industries. We reduce existing silos to build a globally competitive talent base and foster cross-sector collaborations.
- Accelerate innovation through spaces, programs and “engineered serendipitous encounters” that bring together a diverse mix of the community. We aim to nurture collaboration, ignite creativity, and catalyze action to solve problems facing humanity today on a local and global level.
- Provide social support system for innovators of all kinds and backgrounds, which strengthens communities and economies. We foster relationships that increase access to resources (capital, talent, ideas). Equal access to a social support system can strengthen entrepreneurship, communities, and economies.
- Increase the opportunity for economic mobility by lowering the barriers to entry and creating a safe environment where more people can participate in the innovation sector.
- Lead by sharing tools and resources openly; creating a shared platform that aligns and amplifies the efforts of community partners.
We invite you to participate every week for the Venture Café’s Virtual #ThursdayGathering.
Typically (pre-COVID), we bring together hundreds of innovators at our free in-person weekly Thursday Gatherings, in each of our 11 global cities. Until it’s safe to do so again, we’re bringing our community and great content to you, virtually (still every Thursday), as one epic day-long event across the world.
Choose your own adventure! There are three core ways to engage at the #ThursdayGathering – so design your own experience:
- Visit the Global Social Space: Connect in the “café space” with people in our entrepreneurial community from around the world.
- Attend a Session: Participate in curated educational sessions, workshops and discussions.
- Sign-up for Coaching: Engage in a 1:1 coaching session for free from our global network of experts.
Check out Thursday’s schedule each week in the events section!
For more information please visit venturecafeglobal.org